- Step 1 Combine butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl.
- Step 2 Arrange 6 bacon rashers side-by-side, vertically, on a sheet of baking paper on a flat surface. Place 1 bacon rasher on top, horizontally and braid into a lattice pattern. Repeating with remaining bacon rashers to create a lattice.
- Step 3 Place 1 chicken breast on a piece of baking paper on a flat surface. Place a second sheet on top and and use a meat mallet to pound until flattened to around 1cm thick. Place chicken breast on bacon braid. Spread with half of the butter mixture and scatter over half of the cheese. Working from the end closest to you, roll up the chicken breast to enclose filling. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining bacon, chicken, butter and cheese. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Step 5 Heat a large frying pan over high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, to cook on all sides. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Slice into thick pieces to serve.
- Step 6 Serve with salad leaves, tomato and cucumber, if using. Drizzle with pan juices and garlic butter.
- 125g salted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- 12 streaky bacon rashers, trimmed, cut in half lengthways
- 2 (300g each) chicken breasts
- 100g (1 cup) pre-grated 3 cheese blend
- Salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve (optional)
- Cucumber, sliced, to serve (optional)